“Progress in the Science and Technology of Nuclear Reactors using Molten Salts” – new topical issue published in EPJ Nuclear Sciences & Technologies
- Published on 28 November 2019
EPJ Nuclear Sciences & Technologies (EPJ N) is pleased to announce the new topical issue, “Progress in the Science and Technology of Nuclear Reactors using Molten Salts”, guest edited by Jan Leen Kloosterman (TU Delft), Elsa Merle (LPSC-IN2P3-CNRS, UJF, Grenoble INP) and Jean Ragusa (Texas A&M University).
This topical issue consists of 10 articles. It explores six key subtopics surrounding the science and technology of molten salt reactors: Chemistry; Physics; Safety Evaluation; Fuel Cycle Evaluation; Design of Reactor; and Design of Components.
The articles published to date are:
- “Application of the lines of defence method to the molten salt fast reactor in the framework on the SAMOFAR project” – Stéphane Beils et al.
- “Application of multiphysics model order reduction to doppler/neutronic feedback” – Peter German et al.
- Influence of molten salt-(FLiNaK) thermophysical properties on a heated tube using CFD RANS turbulence modeling of an experimental testbed” – R. Freile and M. Kimber
Fuel Cycle Evaluation:
- “Breed-and-burn fuel cycle in molten salt reactors” – B. Hombourger et al.
Design of Reactor:
- “Simplified 0-D semi-analytical model for fuel draining in molten salt reactors” – F. Di Lecce et al.
- “Development of a control-orientated power plant simulator for molten salt fast reactor” – C. Tripodo et al.
Design of Components:
- “Heat exchanger design studies for molten salt fast reactor” – U. Köse et al.
- “Development of cold plug valve with fluoride salt” – J. Giraud et al.
EPJ N is an open access journal published by EDP Sciences and edited in partnership with the French Nuclear Energy Society and the European Nuclear Society. The Editors-in-Chief are Gilles Moutiers and Anne Nicolas both based at the CEA, Nuclear Energy Division, France.
EPJ N encourages submissions of original research, ideas and developments in all areas of the peaceful use of nuclear energy, as well as on applications of nuclear particles and radiation.
If you are interested in submitting an article to EPJ N, please visit the EPJ N website to read the instructions for authors and submit your article. You can also sign up for email-alerts to stay up-to-date with new articles.