EPJ N indexed in Scopus – Editors-in-Chief “very proud”
- Published on 23 January 2023
We are delighted to announce that EPJ Nuclear Sciences & Technologies has been accepted for indexation in Scopus. EPJ N is included in the category “Energy” and the process of listing articles is underway. Scopus is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading science databases.
EPJ N has successfully demonstrated that it:
- Consistently includes articles that are academically sound and relevant to an international academic or professional audience in the field.
- Has scholarly relevance as evidenced by citations in other journals currently covered by Scopus.
- Addresses a subject area not properly covered by an existing journal.
“We are very proud of this news as it reflects the hard work of the editorial team and its sustained commitment to quality,” commented Gilles Moutiers, Editor-in-Chief. “We thank the editorial board and our authors and reviewers for their support without which this success would not be possible.”
Cyrille de Saint Jean, Editor-in-Chief, added “We have taken bold steps to increase the visibility of EPJ N. It is nice to see actions these yield results. Authors publishing their research with us will enjoy increased exposure as a result of this indexation.”
Recent steps taken to develop EPJ N include:
- Broadening the editorial board by welcoming high-profile, international colleagues to harness expertise from around the world.
- Publishing joint papers arising from significant, international, research collaborations such as EURATOM and the Generation IV International Forum.
- Responding to hot topics by introducing new editorial areas such as Nuclear Data and Technico-economics for Nuclear Systems which were both added in 2021.
In this way, EPJ N has been able to identify and publish some of the best research on the peaceful use of nuclear energy and is now recognised as a trusted source within this field.
Acceptance in Scopus follows recent indexations in CORE, INIS and Ei Compendex. EPJ N is also indexed in the DOAJ and was awarded the DOAJ Seal for “best practice in open access publishing”. Scopus is one of the most comprehensive abstract and citation databases of peer-reviewed literature including scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. It provides a comprehensive overview of global research output and produces CiteScore, a useful metric indicating impact.
“Indexation in Scopus is always a satisfying editorial moment,” commented Isabelle Auffret-Babak, Senior Editor, EDP Sciences. “It shows that the hard work of every contributor is being recognised and that the journal is considered to be an authoritative voice in its discipline. Congratulations to all involved."
EPJ N is an open access journal for the communication of original research, ideas and developments in all areas of the peaceful use of nuclear energy, as well as on applications of nuclear particles and radiation. The journal is edited in partnership with the Sfen (French Nuclear Energy Society) and the ENS (European Nuclear Society). Stay up to date with new articles by signing up for free e-mail alerts. If you are interested in submitting to EPJ N, read the instructions for authors and submit online.