Call for papers - EPJ N Topical Issue on Fuel Cycle Simulation
Fuel cycle simulation codes are developed to enhance the scientific knowledge related to nuclear fuel cycle physics. While those tools help to understand fuel cycle physics and to highlight drivers for nuclear inventories, they are also used as boundary objects for building interdisciplinary research projects in connection with sociology, economics, etc. Many different fuel cycle simulation tools are developed by nuclear engineering and research institutions.
Since 2015, an international effort has been made between fuel cycle simulator developers and users in order to connect stakeholders and facilitate the development of international collaborations. In this framework, the Technical Workshop on Fuel Cycle Simulation (TWoFCS) is organized each year to provide an opportunity for scientists to present and discuss their work and to build collaborations and projects at national and international levels. The 2021 workshop is organized by the CEA, CNRS/IN2P3 and IRSN and will be held in Aix-en-Provence (France) from Tuesday, June 29th to Thursday, July 1st, 2021.
In addition to the call for oral presentations, this year’s edition of TWoFCS welcomes the submission of full-length technical papers (4 to 15 pages) on the following topics:
- Fuel cycle simulation tools and physical models
- Nuclear fuel cycle scenario studies
- Energy transition scenario studies (including nuclear and other energy types)
- Exploratory analysis (optimization, uncertainty, resilience / robustness, etc.)
- Benchmarks and validation
- Interdisciplinary studies (economics and sociology for nuclear fuel cycles and scenarios)
- Renewables and nuclear energy modeling considerations (load following, energy storage, hybrid systems, etc.)
We invite contributors to communicate their intention to submit manuscripts for this Topical Issue to the Guest Editors as soon as possible. We refer you to the journal’s instructions for authors to provide you with some guidance on how to prepare your article. The full manuscripts should be submitted before the deadline directly to the EPJ N Editorial Office at https://articlestatus.edpsciences.org/is/epjn/home.php .
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021.
- Francisco Alvarez-Velarde, CIEMAT, Spain
- Philippe Moisy, CEA, France
- Léa Tillard, Orano, France