EDP Sciences supports the transition to Open Access for many of their publications. In this context and to facilitate this transition, EDP Sciences proposes a model of “Pay What You Want”, for the publication of accepted articles in EPJ N.
This means that each author is invited to fix his/her own level of Article processing charges (APCs) based on his/her individual situation regarding funding for his/her research and publications and other financial circumstances.
EPJ N is pleased to introduce this model for all articles submitted in 2016. It reflects the situation of a journal that is still in its launch period, and therefore still allowing discounts on its APCs.
- In 2015, its first year of publishing, the discount is of 100% (APC= 0€).
- In 2016 the APC will be at the discretion of each author (Pay what you want).
- The full APC that the journal aims to attain in the future is 900 €.
Choosing an amount of 0€ is allowed in 2016. However choosing an APC above this amount will be a clear statement by the author to support:
- the dissemination of science as widely as possible through open access publishing,
- the launch of EPJ N by providing a further platform for the publication in Nuclear Science and Technologies research.
A prestigious Editorial Board is heading EPJ N, carrying out rigorous and independent peer review. Financial support for the journal is immediately used for maintaining and improving:
- an up-to-date infrastructure for the article submission and evaluation process,
- the publication of its content using various formats adapted to different reading habits,
- tools for indexation and discoverability,
- and establishing long-term content access and preservation.
The author of an accepted article is invited to select from different amounts the APC he is willing to be invoiced. After selecting his/her amount, the author will receive the corresponding invoice for publication of the accepted article.